I needed to do some customizing to make things work on my server.
Well it was working fine and all of a suddon I lost the students!
In the assignment page, I get "14 submitted assignments" but when I go to view and grade the statement I get states "No students enrolled in this course yet".
The latest change I made is the updating html editor.
Everything was intact in the database. I further checked that the count_records function was working correctly but the get_course_students and get_course_teachers functions were failing. I tried the queries they were generating directly and they were giving answers. While I was trying to debug, all of a sudden everything started working again with the original code and no modifications so I was unable to find the problem but there sure was some problem
updating the editor has nothing to do with this. I think I know what has happened. (not sure - take it as an educated guess)
I have just gone thru the same ordeal: plenty of users on the site users list - but none appear on a course roster.
turns out my no-login period was too short: I bring this class to a computer lab once a month while the limit was set on 21 days before they got unenrolled.
Solution? Re-enrol them manually - and re-set the longtimenosee limit to a longer period.
I want to ask again: if someone can change this from a global setting to a course-specific one we'd all be grateful.
When I directly ran the queries the two functions were generating mysql reported that timeaccess is not a field which was certainly not there in the database when I checked.
It seems the upgrade somehow skipped this check in lib/db/mysql.php
if ($oldversion < 2003102700)
even though it did added the showreports that is below this check and all other upgrades.
I added the code from this part to a new file with just config.php included above it and accessed it to manually upgrade and after that everything seems to be back to normal.
It seems strange but the developers might have a better idea of what happened. May be it is because a version dispatched after 2003102700 missed this upgrade line and it was added later or may be something else.