Restrict access to an activity to a selection of the persons with the teacher role

Restrict access to an activity to a selection of the persons with the teacher role

by willem stempvoort -
Number of replies: 1

Hi ,

I would like to restrict the access to an activity so that only a selection of the participants with the teacher role have access.

(e.g. the teacher can access the results of the feedback from his own students but colleagues with the teacher role can't view this feedback)

Formerly I made a grouping for this purpose and  used the setting Available for group members only ,

Only teachers who were included in the grouping had access. I was not aware of the fact that this was an experimental feature.

So after the update to 2.8 we had a problem

The documentation says:

The group restriction option in the Restrict access settings now provides this functionality. Any group members only instances are automatically converted to group restrictions as part of the site upgrade process.

But, the restrict access setting seems only to work  for the student role and not for participants with a teacher role.

I've tried the workaround  of changing the the role of all teachers to non editing teachers and prohibit the access all groups capability but this didn't work.

Is there another way to achieve the goal of restricting access to an activity for a selection of the participants with the teacher role?

Thanks for any help

Willem

PS I've posted this question before but there were no reactions, I think I posted it on the wrong forum (https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=320764#p1306443)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to willem stempvoort

Re: Restrict access to an activity to a selection of the persons with the teacher role

by S H -

Same problem sad(((

" the restrict access setting seems only to work  for the student role and not for participants with a teacher role"

please any one can help ???

Thank you ,

shm93