Manual enrollment very very slow Moodle 3.0.1

Manual enrollment very very slow Moodle 3.0.1

by Emma Richardson -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Moodle build:  Moodle 3.0.1+ (Build: 20151223)

I have been having issues with manually enrolling users into a course.  I am manually adding users from the Enrolment page with the Enrol users popup.

I notice that the problem is worse depending on the number of activities/assignments.  It is taking up to a minute for each user to be enrolled and the page to refresh.

I discovered that if I uncheck Recover User's Grades, the enrollment process only takes a couple of seconds as it should. 

I turned debugging on but nothing popped up.  I am guessing that it is just taking time trying to look through grades before it loads.  Strange thing is that the role that I am enrolling to is not a gradeable role so why is Moodle even trying to look for grades?

Any suggestions?  Is this a bug?  Can anyone else reproduce?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Emma Richardson

Re: Manual enrollment very very slow Moodle 3.0.1

by Julien Thomas -

HI Emma, I have the same issue in two Moodle 2.8 and 2.9.

The manual enrol process can take up to 30 minuts it's horrible. 

My course restauration can take lot of time too.

We have lot of tests, but the course is not that big.

I have no errors in my logs neither.

Did you find something ?

In reply to Julien Thomas

Re: Manual enrollment very very slow Moodle 3.0.1

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I believe there are improvements being made to the gradebook to improve this.  Haven't tested yet in 3.1.