Message from forum with displayed username

Message from forum with displayed username

by Ivan Kolenko -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

I want to send circular mail to all users from forum, but in every mail I must include username.

So I have 78 users and I must send one mail per user with his username from moodle users db. (78 different mails)

Is it possible? Is there a plugin or something which can help?

Any answer is more than welcome

Ivan

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ivan Kolenko

Re: Message from forum with displayed username

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I don't think the forum is the right tool for this -

a forum is a discussion area, you write a post onto the forum and the email is effectively a notification to subscribers of that post. A forum is not intended as a means of communication with individual users, so there would be no mechanism within the forum to add a username as a mail-merge type field.

It may be possible to hack the core code that sends those emails to include a username prior to (or after) the main message, but that would affect all forum emails and not just the one you want to send in this way. I don't think there would be a way to include a 'mail-merge' type field within the body of the message as that would come directly from the forum.

You may want to see if anything like this is possible with something like the Quickmail block perhaps?

In reply to Ivan Kolenko

Re: Message from forum with displayed username

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Might posting your message in the "News Forum" work?  This message would get set to all 78 student in the course.