After the long but wonderful and useful discussion may be is time to move forward and, answering Mary's question, create a real wish list summarizing the old and new topics:
- A new settings architecture with a better file picker and colour picker.
- Plugins (not only themes) settings organized by tabs, menus or accordions.
- Remove all the old code asap, mainly YUI , and replace it for jQuery.
- Grid layout based in regions where add content (blocks) in any position.
- Styles for blocks
- Create a standard for course formats style to keep the site style.
- New admin backend (Joomla have site and admin templates )
- Please, please, please: Replace the old fashioned emoticons (look above) by the default Unicode standard. I made a try and replace most of them but better do it by default.
- Add any other desired feature ....
Probably the most interesting would be create a Moodle UX/UI group with devs, selected users (universities, companies, instituitions, ...) and design specialists to share needs and find the way to implement new features and change the existent.
More wishes to add?
(Edited by Mary Evans - original submission Monday, 28 December 2015, 7:20 PM)
(Edited by Mary Evans - original submission Friday, 1 January 2016, 9:31 PM)