Moodle can't install any plug-in

by cong nguyen -
Number of replies: 4

Hi everyone,

I just upload plug-n to public_html/local/

and my site error:

sdfs

then I delete Plug-in folder that I've uploaded, and error has gone, \

Can any one tell me pls, thanks very much!!!!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to cong nguyen

Re: Moodle can't install any plug-in

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

..You sure that  public_html/local/ is the right place? Shouldn't that be   public_html/moodle/local/[pluginname] ?

What plugin? Where did it come from? What were the upload instructions? You sure you were able to follow the instructions carefully? Did you set the Moodle into Maintenance Mode? Did you access the Moodle tree and paste the plugin directly into the correct place in the Moodle tree? What version of Moodle are you using? The error suggests that one, or more, of these things is just not right. 

The Server Error 500 is a catchall error message, used when the server cannot identify or categorize the correct error. That should also mean that more specific data is sent to the error log, so you might want to check there.  

In reply to Colin Fraser

by Support Team -

Hello,

I have download moodle but i cannot find the config.php file in it and i am unable to access it can someone help me with this?

Thank you

In reply to Support Team

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Can you provide more information.

In reply to Marcus Green

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

Did you read the installation instructions? Have you run the setup script? Also, the "config-dist.php" is the nascent config.php file.