view log activities ALL STUDENTS exclude TEACHER(s)

view log activities ALL STUDENTS exclude TEACHER(s)

by Joseph Rézeau -
Number of replies: 6
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

As a teacher, when I want to view my students' activity in a Moodle course, I may be interested in viewing the activity of ONE or ALL of my STUDENTS. I am NOT interested in viewing my own activity as a TEACHER, of which there is a lot, which floods the reports of my students' activity.

WISH LIST: on the drop-down choice list, to the individual names of students and ALL PARTICIPANTS please add a "ALL STUDENTS" choice line!

Even better, make drop-down list items clickable, so I can select any names of students I want to track...

If you're interested in my suggestion, please vote for my feature request #2633

Joseph

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Re: view log activities ALL STUDENTS exclude TEACHER(s)

by Jaroslav Šeděnka -
It seems that your feature request #2633 is just a dupe of our feature request #2126 wink

We've already implemented this feature on our site, I'll make some "nice" patches and link them from here and from the bug tracker.
In reply to Jaroslav Šeděnka

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Jaroslav

Thanks a lot for this welcome patch. I've tried it on my local installation of Moodle 1.5 and it's working very wellapprove. I followed your instructions in bug report 2126 and only had to also add a line in my \moodle\lang\fr\moodle.php to translate the $string['allbutteachers'].

I have one simple question: this patch is obviously very much needed, it is working very well, what does one have to do to make it part of a regular Moodle distribution?

In the meantime I will try to persuade my admin to make the patch changes in our current Moodle 1.5 installation. Wish me good luck.wink

Thanks again,

Joseph

by Jaroslav Šeděnka -
This is a good question. Martin D. surely receieces mail from bug tracker, so you could at least write something "nice patch, let's hope it will get to the main distribution" in there smile Unfortunately he's rather busy now, so maybe after some time he'll put the patch into "official" Moodle.

by Joseph Rézeau -
Hi all,
I'm very disappointed that such a simple and INDISPENSABLE patch has not made its way yet to 1.6DEV.sad
Please people, vote for this bug.
Thanks
Joseph

by Joseph Rézeau -

OK, instead of moaning I've got to work and made 2 small improvements to the hack originally proposed by Jarolsav.wink

1. It is now possible to choose to display logs for a) all participants; b) students only; c) teachers only.

2. This selective logs display also works on a Moodle site's homepage, where admin can use the Logs module.

This hack works for Moodle 1.5.3 stable.

You can download my modified files at bug 2126.

Joseph