Student has 100% on only assignment, but 0 for course

Student has 100% on only assignment, but 0 for course

by Brad Smith -
Number of replies: 2

I'm running Moodle 2.9.1+

The course has a single SCORM module, for which the student has 100%, but the course total still shows up as 0. 

screenshot of a gradebook entry as described above

The course is set to use simple weighted mean, so as I understand it, the module should be worth 100 points in the course total. For all the other students, the course grade matches the module grade as expected, so it must either be something that changed recently (I haven't changed anything, though there was a mishap that made the database unavailable for a few hours yesterday), or maybe it's something about this student (though again, no idea what that could even be). 

In previous versions there was a way to force recalculation of grades (just in case maybe the database issue kept the total from updating properly somehow), but I can't seem to find it in 2.9, so for now I've "fixed" the problem by overriding the student's grade, but if there's any chance of this happening again in the future I'd like to deal with it now. 

Any suggestions?

In reply to Brad Smith

Re: Student has 100% on only assignment, but 0 for course

by Nancy K Hoke -

Greetings - I have a couple of quick thoughts in reading your post - in Categories and Items is the box for Extra Credit checked? Does the activity in the gradebook show a grade of 100? Please excuse if you have checked these elements. 

In reply to Nancy K Hoke

Re: Student has 100% on only assignment, but 0 for course

by Mark McKay -

To add on to Nancy's inquiry, you may also want to turn editing on and see if the course total is locked or excluded.