2.9 workshop new feature

2.9 workshop new feature

by Lynley Clark -
Number of replies: 5

Hi there,

I've been investigating the 2.9 features list and I have one that I'm having trouble finding out exactly what it does.  

It is called the Hide Choose....option from assessment form.

The default for this setting is "no".

Can anyone help direct me to information on what this new setting does please?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lynley Clark

Re: 2.9 workshop new feature

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello. Here is the 2.9 New features list and here is the full list of changes and improvements. Could you tell us where you found the Hide Choose ... option new feature please?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Lynley Clark -

Hi Mary,

Thanks for responding to my post.  It maybe a feature in 2.8 actually.  It is a configuration setting that can be found in Plugins/Activity Modules/workshop.

I'm planning a workshop to demonstrate what each of these new features does, but am unable to see what this one does.  From my research, it possibly has something to do with hiding the grading form for the workshop module?

Regards

Lynley

Workshop configuration settings

In reply to Lynley Clark

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello again. I don't see this option on our sandbox site demo.moodle.net and I wonder if you have a customised version of the workshop, provided by a company?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I can confirm that there is no such an option in the standard Workshop module so this must be a customization on Lynley's site.

I can guess that what it does is that the drop-down select fields on the assessment form do not contain the "Choose ..." option.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to David Mudrák

by Lynley Clark -

Great thankyou David and Mary. I truly appreciate your responses.  I've been going around and around trying to find out information on this config setting. You are correct, this is a customization made to our base code.

Regards

Lynley Clark