First of all, many thanks to all of you who showed interest and provided feedback. We are officially launching the next version of our speech recognition moodle plugin.
Speechace revolutionizes teaching, practice and assessment of spoken language in a way never done before. We would appreciate if you'd give it a try and share your feedback.
Try it here: https://app.speechace.co/speechace-for-moodle/
With Speechace, students practice, get immediate feedback, and teachers review progress and create custom lessons and content.
The Speechace plugin is implemented as a Moodle question type and provides the following features:
- Realtime feedback at a word, syllable and phoneme level pinpointing mistakes in pronunciation
- Automatic speech scoring against a native speaker model
- Automatic generation of reference audio using state of the art text to speech software
- Allows recording of your own audio to instruct students
- Allows creation of custom pronunciation material using our ever expanding 100,000 word dictionary
- Supports all question behaviors
- Simple click and install with no external dependencies.
- Works across Moodle 2.7-3.2
- Is fast and responsive and works across all browsers and mobile phones. No app required for Android phones. Contact us for iPhone/iPad support.
- Supports native HTML5 audio or Adobe Flash if HTML5 not available
We are grateful to the Moodle community for providing extensive feedback over the past year and we are counting on your support for further enhancement of the plugin.