course back up fails

course back up fails

by Sonja Sperber -
Number of replies: 1

Hi all,

when I do a back up manually I get the error message similar to:

"In the course of the back up some of the files could not be saved.

The files can not be added  when restoring the course" 

this is horrible English. It's just to give you an idea. 

below comes another error code :

Missing file in pool: /Audition_in_Premiere.mp4 (context 1227 'Glossar: Videoglossar', component mod_glossary, filearea entry, itemid 16) [/data/moodle/filedir/2e/76/2e768eb12ab8f52c1924a88f3fd4c659c8359d82]

When I put the mbz- file (of my manual Backup) on another server the restoring fails completely.

How can I repair that? The folder "/data/moodle/filedir/2e/76" does not exist all.

Do we have to upload the concerning file "Audition_in_Premiere.mp4" one more time 

in order to let Moodle re-create "/data/moodle/filedir/2e/76/2e768eb12ab8f52c1924a88f3fd4c659c8359d82" ?

Or can I delete the corresponding reference in the database ? Like how ?

I 'm little bit hesitant, because it's our productive server ... so sorry for asking. 

have thanks for your answers!

Cheers,

Sonja

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sonja Sperber

Re: course back up fails

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Sonja,

It sounds from your description that the problem could be because you are trying to restore a file alias, as described in the documentation Restoring file aliases.

Thus I think the solution is most likely to upload the file "Audition_in_Premiere.mp4" again.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)