Issues with BBB Plugin

Issues with BBB Plugin

by Marcus Hill -
Number of replies: 5

Hi there,

I'm using moodle 2.9 and just installed the BBB-Plugin first time. I'm using the default settings. I added a BBB-room through activities, which worked fine. But when I try to access the room it opens the new tab and instead of the room I get the following errors:

------------------

Notice: Undefined index: presentation in /home/vocalm5/public_html/moodle/mod/bigbluebuttonbn/bbb_view.php on line 110

Notice: Undefined index: presentation in /home/vocalm5/public_html/moodle/mod/bigbluebuttonbn/bbb_view.php on line 111

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/vocalm5/public_html/moodle/mod/bigbluebuttonbn/bbb_view.php:110) in /home/vocalm5/public_html/moodle/mod/bigbluebuttonbn/bbb_view.php on line 190

---------------

BTW: I noticed that the downloaded plugin shows me moodle30 as the file name - even I selected the 2.9 one.

Any ideas concerning the errors above?

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marcus Hill

Re: Issues with BBB Plugin

by Jesus Federico -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Martin,

where are you getting those messages? In the web page or in the logs? 

Assuming you are using v2.0.1 (2015080608) you are hitting a bug that will only affect the use of preuploaded presentations.

See: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=185675&parent=1304100

You may want to give it a try to this version

https://github.com/blindsidenetworks/moodle-mod_bigbluebuttonbn/archive/develop.zip

There is still one piece missing there. Apparently the presentation is not uploaded to BBB when the activity is created and displayed. Saving and using it after should work fine.

There will be an update over the week.

For what the version name says, I haven't noticed, but the version 2.0.1 supports (and it is the same for) Moodle 2.6, 2.7, 2.8, 2.9 and 3.0.

JF

In reply to Jesus Federico

by Jesus Federico -

By the way. The version you are about to try should be release 2.0.2, version 2015080609.

Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers,

JF

by Marcus Hill -

Hi Jesus,

Thanks for your quick response! I was getting the error on the webpage once I was trying to access the room (which I could not). However, I was already able to work around with the the develover version. It works now but I get this error within Moodle all the time (on the top of the page)

Notice: Undefined index: host in /home/vocalm5/public_html/moodle/mod/bigbluebuttonbn/locallib.php on line 1143

Thanks

In reply to Marcus Hill

by Jesus Federico -

Hi Martin,

But you did not workaround, that is the actual version! smile

So, first of all that is a warning. It may go away if you turn the debugging messages off.

I thought had an idea on where the problem could be, but I tried changing the BBB server url in all possible ways and I can not reproduce the error. 

I assume you are using your own BBB server. Did you set up a hostname on it or you are just using the IP address?

Have you tried using test-install, the server that comes preconfigured by default? I am curious to know if the problem is shown when you use test-install as well.

Also, what version of php you have in your server?

JF

by Marcus Hill -

Hi Jesus,

The message/warning still shows up with debugging modus deactivated. You are right, I'm using my own BBB server which I run with a hostname (subdomain) in this format: live1.domain.com/...

I did not try the test server, but interestingly the default settings shown in the plugin now using my server and key als reference. Is this on purpose?

Happy Holidays,

Martin