Mahoodle Setup and our Moodle site

Mahoodle Setup and our Moodle site

by Chris Kenniburg -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

We are finding the ease of use and integration with Mahara a big bonus for Moodle.  Our teachers are now exploring creating portfolios with students and having mahara tied in is really nice.  The latest version of Mahara is exceptional.  If you tried it in the past and weren't impressed try it again.  The project is coming into it's own and is very, very nice!  Lots of great new features and the new elementary bootstrap theme is colorful, bright, and inviting.  

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Chris Kenniburg

Re: Mahoodle Setup and our Moodle site

by Don Hinkelman -
Hi Chris,

In your profile you mentionned Mahara has social features. Could you explain how you use those? For social features, we sometimes use Facebook but would prefer a Moodle-integrated solution.

In reply to Don Hinkelman

by Chris Kenniburg -
Mahara has social features such as friending, groups, forums, messaging, etc.  Each profile page has a commenting wall.  It could very much be used in place of facebook but the focus would be on groups or using groups for topics to discuss things.
In reply to Chris Kenniburg

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Nice video Chris; thanks for sharing. I envy you using Mahoodle with schools - in my old school before I joined Moodle, the Moodle/Mahara meld was very popular. I haven't looked at Mahara for a few years but I like the improved appearance I can see in your video so I'll go and check it out again.