Range of Grade different for student/instructor

Range of Grade different for student/instructor

by Lisa Wiebenga -
Number of replies: 5

I have an instructor giving his final exam via Moodle Quiz function. It is a 50 question quiz with each question worth 1 point. I've checked the quiz set up and it is set for 50 points.

When I am logged in as instructor/administration and I look at the User Report, I see the Grade Range for the Final Exam Quiz as 0-50. Which is what I expect (it's also displaying this way in my Categories and Items).  Instructor is getting feedback from students indicating they think the Final is worth only 10 points. When I log in as a student, and click grades, I see the range for the same Final Exam Quiz is 0-10.

All other ranges for assignments/quizzes are correct. 

Any ideas why there is a discrepancy between these two views?

We are on Moodle 2.8.1

Screen Shots:

1) Logged in as STUDENT: note range for Final Exam (last item) is 0-10

screen shot student login grade range

Screen Shot 2: logged in as instructor. Looking at Grades>User Report - same student. Note grade range for Final Exam is 0-50.

screen shot user report grade range

Thanks in advance for any hints or ideas on where to look for a solution to this stumper (for me, anyway. There is probably a very logical solution that I'm completely missing in my finals week haze.)

Lisa

In reply to Lisa Wiebenga

Re: Range of Grade different for student/instructor

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Can you add a screen shot of the "setup" tab?

In reply to John Provasnik

by Emily Goodwin -

Hello....I am having the same issue with an instructor.  He is seeing the grade ranges correctly; however, his students aren't.  How was this issue resolved? Thank you!

In reply to Lisa Wiebenga

by Emily Goodwin -

Were you able to fix the range of grades showing up differently for the students and instructor?  I'm having the same issue with one of my professors and would like to know how you solved the problem. Thank you. 

In reply to Emily Goodwin

by Feng Sun -

We have the same problem with one of the faculty's course that shows different grade range on our Moodle 2.8.5 . I am wondering if someone can help fix this bug.

Thanks.

In reply to Feng Sun

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

This is a very old post.  However teacher/student grade differences are about always due to hidden assignments or hidden grades.