Assignment not showing participants in one course only

Assignment not showing participants in one course only

by Mo Elhammamy -
Number of replies: 5

Hi,

This is very strange, the assignment shows only one participants, then any additional submission after that from other students doesn't appear in the participants list ( see the image below)

Users are keeping submitting, but submissions are counted in the submitted count and those needs grading, but you can't view or grade them

Yet they are still available for download.

This is only happening in one course in my moodle 2.9.

Any assignment created under this course will behave the same, while any assignment under any other course work perfectly ??

I will be grateful if anyone has a clue

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mo Elhammamy

Re: Assignment not showing participants in one course only

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Does the assignment use groups or groupings? This commonly happens when students are no longer in the group that the assignment is grouped to.

In reply to John Provasnik

by Mo Elhammamy -

Thanks John,

This gave me a bit of a clue.

Although there is no group set to it, 

However, I have 2 roles, students A and students B

I have notice that I can see only those students who have the role 'Students A"

Any student I assign role "Student A" will appear and vise versa.

Do you have a clue?

In reply to Mo Elhammamy

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I would guess that Student B is not a "gradeable" role.  Site Admin/Grades/General Settings.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Mo Elhammamy -

Thanks Emma,

I have checked that, and it is OK, this is happening only on a single course level !

In reply to Mo Elhammamy

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Looking at this again, I think it is that you do not have access somehow to this specific group of students in this course.  Obviously the students are able to submit so they have the correct access.  It is more that you do not have access to see the submissions.

By chance, are you in the same group as Student A and not Student B students?

When you click on View All Submissions - is there a group dropdown list at the top?  Is there an option to View All Submissions from the grading screen?