Secure Groups?

by Dee Kramer -
Number of replies: 2

We are using 1.5.2

My Settings

Group Mode: Separate Groups   Force: No

I have 2 groups set up (A and Z)

Discussions and replys allowed

These do not appear to be secure groups. Some students who are members of the group can get in and read the post and also add posts. Whereas, another student who is not a member is barred from entering.  Im really confused about the Groups feature.  Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks for your help.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dee Kramer

Re: Secure Groups?

by Michael Penney -
Some students who are members of the group can get in and read the post and also add posts. Whereas, another student who is not a member is barred from entering.

What you've described sounds mostly how it is supposed to work. Students in group A can read and post to each other but can't read group B's post, and vice versa. Students in group B should be able to enter the forum, but not read anything posted by students in group A.

If you want groups to be able to read each others post, use visible groups, and if you want everyone to be able to read and write, turn groups off on the forum.

In reply to Michael Penney

Re: Secure Groups?

by Dee Kramer -

Sorry if I misled you. I meant to say, Whereas, another student who is a member is barred from entering.

I had an other instance where a group member from Group A, and she was not a member of Group B, but she was able to enter both Groups A and B, read and post.

Thanks,