Displaying feedback files in grader report

Displaying feedback files in grader report

by Joanna Beaver -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Plugin developers

Hello

On the assignment activity I use feedback files rather than feedback comments. I would like the feedback file added to each student submission (in the grading area) to display in the grade book user report in the Feedback column - is that possible? 

I have changed 'assign|feedback_plugin_for_gradebook' to 'File feedback' but the file does not show in the gradebook and the Feedback column remains empty although the grades pull through fine. 

Any help appreciated!

Jo 

In reply to Joanna Beaver

Re: Displaying feedback files in grader report

by Mark McKay -

Hi Jo,

This functionality does not currently exist (that I am aware of). The Moodle Gradebook Working Group has discussed improving the feedback in the gradebook in several ways, one of which would provide a link back to the feedback in the activity. I think that would achieve your goal. Do you concur?

Mark McKay
University of Minnesota

In reply to Mark McKay

Re: Displaying feedback files in grader report

by Joanna Beaver -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Mark

Thanks for your reply. Yes I think a link back would help.

What our tutors were hoping for was a quick and easy way to look back over the feedback the student has attained over all assignments to gain an overview of their progression when writing reviews. Because we use feedback files this currently means going into every assignment individually. The link from the grader report would still mean going into each assignment individually, if I understand correctly, because it would take the tutor away from the grader report page containing all of the links, but yes, I do think it would be easier to navigate.