Students can't see feedback for graded assignments

Students can't see feedback for graded assignments

by Bryce Holland -
Number of replies: 2

Greetings,

There are many forum posts about students not seeing feedback for assignments without grades, yet the issue I'm faced with is a bit different.

This is a graded assignment set for a maximum of 100 Points. The instructor has graded the assignment and left feedback files and comments.

• most of the students see their grades, but the entire Feedback section doesn't appear (when viewing the assignment)
  • a couple students can see the feedback
  • I created a test account and enrolled it as a student --> it could also see the feedback
  • all settings for the assignment and gradebook are as they should be

This is definitely an odd situation. This instructor has a second course with assignments created the exact same way, with no issues whatsoever.

We are running Moodle version 2.8, which was upgraded from version 2.5. I have changed the grade settings from Point to Scale, saved, then changed them back to Point, on the off chance that there may be corrupted settings from the upgrade.

Also, all students are enrolled correctly, and are in the same group.

Anyone have any ideas on where I can investigate next? I can't seem to replicate the problem.

Thank you for your help!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bryce Holland

Re: Students can't see feedback for graded assignments

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Can you post a screen shot of your first bullet point?

In reply to Bryce Holland

Re: Students can't see feedback for graded assignments

by Jason McGensy -

I don't know if you were able to get this resolved, but we had several cases of students unable to see the full feedback being reported and we tracked down that there is a plus (+) icon to expand the feedback field that can be very difficult to see because it is nearly the same color as the background behind it. See attached.

Attachment Expand_Feedback.png