Restricting an editing-teacher's access to his/her group

Restricting an editing-teacher's access to his/her group

by Info Elexpertise -
Number of replies: 1
Hi We offer online courses on Moodle. There are two companies who registered several employees to a course so I made a group for each and wanted to give the person in charge a non-editing teaching role so that they could see if their employees are completing the course and how much they have left to do. The only problem is that I made myself a new "test" account to see what they had access to as non editing teachers and I realized that they have access to all participants and not only to their groups. So in the course, when they click on participants they can see everyone's name (like us in our moodle courses at school), but when they click on reports, they can see everyone's progress instead of only seeing their groups. I found how to edit the permissions that each role has so I clicked "forbid" next to "access all groups" but I can still access all participants and their progress as a non editing teacher. I have spent hours researching and cannot find anything else. Does anyone know if there is a way to limit a non-editing teacher's access to only their group? Thanks in advance!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Info Elexpertise

Re: Restricting an editing-teacher's access to his/her group

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Edit the teacher role, so that it does not have the 'Access all groups' permission.