Travis builds failing with mysql error

Travis builds failing with mysql error

by Charles Fulton -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I have a custom module, report_feedbackviewer (not in the plugins db, but will be soon). It aggregates all student feedback (from mod_feedback) from a course in a single view. I've written Behat tests to cover the interface. These tests are provoking a nasty MySQL error, but only on some parts of the testing matrix. See https://travis-ci.org/LafColITS/moodle-report_feedbackviewer/builds/95423420 for the latest failure. Given Moodle 2.9-3.0, PHP 5.4-5.6, and MySQL and PostgreSQL, the build fails on Moodle 3.0, PHP 5.4 and 5.5, MySQL only. I've googled "Warning: Error while sending QUERY packet", but there isn't much information and what I did find points to the max_allowed_packet value for MySQL being too low, which seems implausible. I did try changing the packet size, but it didn't make a difference. Has anyone seen an issue like this before?

Thanks,

Charles

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Charles Fulton

Re: Travis builds failing with mysql error

by Charles Fulton -

Update on this. Re-running the failed builds individually allowed them to pass.

by Mike Churchward -

Hi Charles -

I am suddenly having the same issues. It just cropped up. Were you able to find a solution, or did it just go away?

mike

In reply to Mike Churchward

by Charles Fulton -

Hi Mike,

I've been working on other things but I re-ran the tests just now and it's still an issue. Re-running individually passes the test in most cases. I haven't seen this with other modules.

Charles

In reply to Mike Churchward

by Charles Fulton -

I have a correlation here; not sure if it's the root cause.

In my test I had a fixture in a scenario which suspended a student's enrollment. I moved that fixture into the background (which made more sense anyway) and the tests now pass. I don't have enough data to be sure that the change mattered.

by Charles Fulton -

The failure has reoccurred with the new code, so I was just lucky, nothing more.