Visitors can access lesson video by copying link

Re: Visitors can access lesson video by copying link

by Richard Oelmann -
Number of replies: 6
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Yes, but how?

Have you added the videos directly - uploading the file onto your moodle, or as links to somewhere such as vimeo or youtube?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Richard Oelmann

by pint raj -

I have added videos from vimeo 

In reply to pint raj

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Well, if your videos are on an external system, eg Vimeo, then the url has to be available somewhere. If the url is available, then it can be used and the videos accessed (even if its by viewing the page source and copying the link from there).

Whether Vimeo allows some kind of javascript obfuscation of the link I have no idea and is probably an issue for Vimeo rather than Moodle, but regardless, once they are watching the vimeo video the url of that video can be obtained and copied out to wherever else

In reply to pint raj

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I believe Vimeo has password protection but that can still be shared.  The best way is to upload them directly into Moodle where they will only be accessible by logging in.

In reply to pint raj

by Guillermo Madero -

pint raj,

Vimeo used to have in its free service and option called "Private link sharing", so that videos linked from a particular domain (e.g. mymoodlesite.com) could only be played from that address. That option now is available with the paid service (Plus + PRO).

It seems that now the option is called "Hide from Vimeo.com":

https://vimeo.com/help/faq/managing-your-videos/privacy-settings#can-i-keep-my-videos-from-appearing-on-vimeo

Cheers!

In reply to Guillermo Madero

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Guillermo

Welcome back!
smile

P.S. It is time for me call a downtime.
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

by Guillermo Madero -

Hi Visvanath,

Thanks! I was here trying to solve a few small details I had with my Moodle site and well, I just took a few minutes to answer a post... old habits, old habits  smile These Moodle forums are like an addiction  big grin

How is everything?Moodle 3.0? Wow! Time flies!

Cheers!