I was wondering if I could get some advice with the Gradebook, specifically the Multiplicator and/or Offset. As well as to see if I'm going about it the right way.
Background - Course details
I have developed a course that contain the following activities:
- SCORM packages - 6 different modules but each is marked out of 100 and a student must get 100% to pass. Therefore, in Grade Category, grade to pass is 600.
- Assignment modules: 3 x which are being used as marking sheets, were by the person must complete an activity offline.
- Two of these activities (Competency Assessments) use a simple scale of Not Competent, Competent; with the pass = Competent ie. 2. Which I've put into a separate Grade Category, and the Grade to pass on that category is 4
- However the last Assignment module is different.To record a Student's attendance at a Workshop, and we are using a scale which contains Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), meaning the Student doesn't need to attend the workshop if they can provide evidence of meeting the outcomes of the workshop. Subsequently, we have used a scale and the student is graded against a scale that consists of:
- Incomplete (3)
- Recognition of Prior Learning (2)
- Completed (1)
- The grade to pass is therefore 2 or 3, and I've placed it into it's own Grade Category, an given it a Grade to pass of 2.
A student needs a total Course Grade of 606+, and potentially the following Scenarios could occur:
Student receives a total score in both the SCORM packages & the two Assignment activities (603) but then obtain a Completed (3) in the Workshop activity giving them a score of 606 (which I hope makes sense).
Student receives a total score of 606+ but this is obtained through 100% each in all 6 SCORM packages = 600, 2 in each of the Activities = 4 and in the Workshop a 2 (or a 3).
For Student to achieve a complete in the Gradebook if Scenario 2 occurs NOT Scenario 1. So I'm assuming I need to make the Course Grade to Pass score 607.
What I'm finding difficult is to get the final grade in the Gradebook to 607 when I mark a student with RPL.
So I figured with the Workshop Activity, I would have to use the Multiplicator and/or Offset, but neither seem to make either the Category Total or the Course Total in the Gradebook make (what I assume needs to be) the desired grade of 607.
Am I going about it the wrong way? Am I missing something? I apologies if this is obvious, but grading is all a bit alien to me.
I've attached some screen dumps ... with my settings.
BTW I wanted to use Assignment Module as the Teacher managing the course is comfortable with marking students using a scale through an activity.