Moodle doesn't uploading a file from my network

Moodle doesn't uploading a file from my network

by Santiago Mendoza Ramirez -
Number of replies: 1

I'm trying to upload a resource in a course. if i upload it from my home, it upload ok. But if i try to upload from my work's pc, it stay uploading but never finish it.

Until this morning, everything was ok. So, any hints what it can be?

I'm trying to figure out what port or method moodle use to upload files, so i can talk to network support to see if theres some new restriction.

Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Santiago Mendoza Ramirez

Re: Moodle doesn't uploading a file from my network

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

Definitely odd behaviour here, but not unknown. The only time I have run into this issue was, for some reason, a discrepancy between the gateway from home and the gateway at work. I found that my private ISP was allowing a much larger file to be uploaded through their network's gateway than what my work network gateway was allowing. (I tried to upload from work and didn't happen, so did it from home.) This makes no sense to me, and the IT tech at work may have been spinning me a tale just to keep me happy. Unfortunately, this is the only explanation I have, as it is the only time I ever experienced this issue. Talk to your tech guys, and see if that is a possibility or was someone just blowing smoke.  

Aside from that, I would think that the actual upload is running into a timeout on your work network that it doesn't have to go through on your private service. mmm Perhaps that is what he was getting at, a restriction to prevent network resources being hogged by large uploads.