Database mounted. ORA-01113: file 1 needs media recovery --system01.dbf

Database mounted. ORA-01113: file 1 needs media recovery --system01.dbf

by Ingi Valdimarsson -
Number of replies: 4

The only way to recover is from media backup? I know I cannot "rebuild" system datafile, but if I don't have a backup - I know shame on me!!! - Is there anyway to recover database????

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ingi Valdimarsson

Re: Database mounted. ORA-01113: file 1 needs media recovery --system01.dbf

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Your subject means absolutely nothing to me. What's system1.dbf and what does it have to do with Moodle?

In reply to Ingi Valdimarsson

by arthur aagaard -

I know this might work some times if all the log files are present and not overwritten.

Just try using 

"Recover datafile <  >;" from sqlplus. Some times the file is marked as recovery needed, and this command removes the flag. I remember using this command when my online backup failed (system crashed while backup is in progress).

If that does not work try these:

recover database until cancel;

Then cancel the recovery.

If that does not work then try recover database until cancel using backup controlfile;

If that doesn't work, then I think you can still use the utility DBF Recovery Toolbox. From my experience I can say that it is a good helper. Maybe it somehow will save your file. http://www.oemailrecovery.com/dbf_recovery.html

If this does not work and you have no backup, I do not think of any way to recover the database otherthan rebuilding.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to arthur aagaard

by Ingi Valdimarsson -

I am very grateful for your advice. Thank you very much! The issue has been resolved.)