email in moodle

email in moodle

by m question -
Number of replies: 4

hi all,

I have question which I know it must be clear but I still don't understand it.

it is about email configuration on Moodle. how many emails I should have for Moodle?

now I have one email for support for users, I add it in

System Administration > server>support contact >support email.

I also added same support email in

System Administration >plugin >system outputs>email>SMTP username

are these configuration correct?

it is confusing a little, because when any user post in forum or send private message, a copy of message will be send to the recipient from the  support  email.

the user then send to support email directly any email for other users. ( they don't use reply)

I think there is some error in my settings for no-replay email but I do not know where to correct it.

thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to m question

Re: email in moodle

by m question -

I am not sure  I explain this problem well, but its really give me hard time in communicating between students and teachers.

where to change the send from email ? (when teacher post in news forum copy of the post sent to all students) and what correct email to write there. students send me on that email directly thinking they sending to their teachers , I think I did something wrong in settings but I don't know where

I hope someone can help me

In reply to m question

by Paul Verrall -

I think what you are looking for is,

Site administration > Plugins > Activity modules > Forum > Use email address in reply

In reply to Paul Verrall

by m question -

thank you,

this setting is set to yes as default value. since I want the user to see the email of the one post on forum.