Admin settings to choose between ATTO and TinyMCE

Admin settings to choose between ATTO and TinyMCE

by Jeff Lloyd -
Number of replies: 5

I am having difficulty finding the admin settings which give users (editing teachers) the option of choosing between text editors.

All 3 text editors are available (incl plain), but what do I need to do in order to give users the option to choose in their profile settings?

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jeff Lloyd

Re: Admin settings to choose between ATTO and TinyMCE

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

What version of Moodle are you using? If all three editors are available then they should be able by default to choose - for example in 2.9 and 3.0 from the user menu >Preferences>Editor preferences or if they are using an earlier version, from  Administration > My Profile settings > Edit profile.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Jeff Lloyd -

Thanks Mary, really appreciate your help.

With your help above, It must have more to do with users being able to edit their own profile for text editors, as this has been disabled by a previous administration.

I am assuming this is in defining roles for Authen users - if users can edit their profile, will this automatically allow text editing choice?

In reply to Jeff Lloyd

by Daniel Thies -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I do not know a capability for this. Have check your own profile preferences as administrator? Are you able chose each of the editors yourself?

It would be helpful to know your Moodle version. The way the editor is set was changed recently.

In reply to Jeff Lloyd

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Here's what I do.  Go to Site Administration | Pluggins | Text Editors.  Then sort the list so that your preferred editor is on the top (I like TinyMCE, see my graphic).  This becomes the default.  Users can still change from this. Mary might be able to correct me if I am wrong.  

Attachment Text Editors.jpg
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Jeff - if you want users to be able to edit their own profile then check the authenticated user role has moodle/user:editownprofile set to Allow. Perhaps a previous administrator disabled this.