Single app mode on iPad

Single app mode on iPad

by lisa peel -
Number of replies: 2

Hello

Hope someone can helpsmile We are a 1:1 school and looking at ways that our students can take their Moodle exams on their iPads. Currently we are using a third party app to lock them into Safari but would like to know if there is an alternative to this.

Is Moodle for mobile enabled for Single App Mode? Does anyone have any experience or guidance on this?

Many thanks.

Lisa

Average of ratings: -
In reply to lisa peel

Re: Single app mode on iPad

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi lisa,

as far as I know apps don't have to do anything specific to use iOS Guided Access (aka Single app mode). You can use that to lock users into the app you want. I checked and it works for Moodle Mobile, you should be able to use it for Safari too.

Here's a guide on how to set it up:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202612

However, the app doesn't support most of Moodle's activities yet so you probably won't be able to do exams using it. Right now we support the following activities: Assignment (read only, can't submit using the app), chat, choice, forum, LTI (External tool) and survey.

Cheers,

Dani

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Dani Palou

Re: Single app mode on iPad

by lisa peel -

Thanks Dan, that was exactly the information I needed!

Lisa