BCU theme - Anyway to change front page listing of courses based on value in user's profile?

BCU theme - Anyway to change front page listing of courses based on value in user's profile?

by Richard French -
Number of replies: 1

Versions: Moodle - 3.0 (Build: 20151116) BCU theme: 1.3.1 (2015070100)

I would like to filter the listing of courses on the BCU theme front page based on courses the student "could" enroll in (not what courses the student is currently enrolled in). Let me explain with an example:

We have two types of students: manufacturing and software. When a Moodle admin creates the userid for the student, they set a customized user profile field with either the value man (manufacturing student) or soft (software student). On the front page, we would like manufacturing students to "see" only the manufacturing courses they can enroll in and not any other courses. Likewise for the software students.

We've used the customized user profile field, along with Restrict Access, all over our Moodle site to provide this type of function, but can't figure this out for the BCU theme front page.

Just FYI...We're not "locked in" to using the user profile field on the front page if there is another way to get this done.

Thanks for a wonderful product (Moodle and the BCU theme) and all the assistance I've already received from these forums. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Richard French

Re: BCU theme - Anyway to change front page listing of courses based on value in user's profile?

by Fernando Acedo -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

This is not a theme question. BCU or any other theme have control about what courses the students can be enrolled or not.

Using cohorts probably will solve the problem.