[SPAN IN URL BUG] Template not displaying correctly

Re: Template not displaying correctly

by Fernando Acedo -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Mary,

I made several tests with the BCU version published in BitBucket and with other versions still in development and the they don't show this problem. I even used the word "span" and spanish" to replicate the problem.

Is it possible a Bottstrapbase v2 error only?

Anyway I will report it because the only use of the word span inside the title breaks the site. And this is very common in spanish language academies. So the impact could be high.

Your solution is great and simple and could be the patch for the problem. I will try to apply it asap in all my themes.

Regards

Fernando

In reply to Fernando Acedo

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Fernando,

To be honest I don't think it is something that can be added to a theme as it all depends on the pattern of the URL. Of course you may be able to write a function that can be used to formulate a style to be output based on the URL if it follows the pattern?

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Fernando Acedo -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Mary,

maybe the approach should be different. moodle is using a class based in the domain so it means that we can face  many problems like this.

This class is out of control because we can find thousand sites using the word "spanish" and some hundred using "espanol", instead "español", and probably many more that includes the word span on it.

So the solution could be to control this class selector name using a fixed name, like domain or similar, instead the domain itself.

In reply to Fernando Acedo

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Fernando,

This problem will affect any theme that is Bootstrap v2 based.  I only affects CSS classes containing the word 'span'.

Gareth

Average of ratings: Useful (1)