Add Quickmail Block for all teachers and course creators Moodle 2.9

Add Quickmail Block for all teachers and course creators Moodle 2.9

by A Smiles -
Number of replies: 2

Hello,

Is there a way to add the quickmail block as a default block to all teachers and course creators (but not students)? Or do they have to enable it themselves? I'd like to be able to add the block to all their screens.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to A Smiles

Re: Add Quickmail Block for all teachers and course creators Moodle 2.9

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

Add the block as a standard, then hide it. Make sure that everyone except Students, Guests, Authenticated Users on the Front Page, can see hidden blocks in Capabilities. That should cover your needs. Alternatively, do the same with the block, create a new Role to be assigned at the Front Page for everyone you want to be able to see the block, making sure they have the capability to see hidden files and blocks.

In reply to A Smiles

Re: Add Quickmail Block for all teachers and course creators Moodle 2.9

by cyr reg -

Hello,

I am using quickmail plugins in moodle V3.1 for my teachers so they can mail their student to tell them that an inscription to a course had been done. It is the only way I found to get this done because I haven't found an automatic way to do it.

So far, I'm not able to follow your instructions as described because there is no option viewhiddenblocks or files in capability.

I've tried to create a new role but I've been proposed to add a new file which sounds a bit curious to me.

Could it be a modification in the 3.1 version ? How could I override it ?

If you could have a clue let me know...