Media files not displayed after migration

Media files not displayed after migration

by Josiah Carberry -
Number of replies: 3

So I am migrating my 3.0 site to a new server and while it generally works, none of the existing embedded images and videos are displayed. For example, a png file is embedded in a text and instead of seeing the image, I see a placeholder with the alt text for that image. Or, I have videos that are played using the videofile plugin. I do not see any static image before starting the video and after starting the video, I just see the icon in the screen as if the video where loading - but it never loads.

There are no error messages at all, neither when I try to display any of the media in question, nor when the new installation was started and I checked for any possible updates to the database that might be needed.

So here is what I have already double-checked in the new server:

1) the entire moodledata structure has been copied to the new server

2) the rights to all moodledata folders and files are set to 777

3) the config.php file has the correct location for moodledata

4) I have uploaded a new video after the migration and that plays fine

5) I have updated any hard-coded paths or urls in the database tables to point to the new server

I assume that I have missed something simple, but cannot figure out what it might be.

Thanks in advance,

J.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Josiah Carberry

Re: Media files not displayed after migration

by Just H -

Perhaps they are cached?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Just H

by Josiah Carberry -

Bingo! I knew it was simple. And I knew that I didn't need to copy over most of the moodledata folders, but did not think it through.

Thanks for your help.

In reply to Josiah Carberry

by Just H -

Good to hear the issue is solved ... and you're welcome smile