We are just about to upgrade to Moodle 2.9, and on our test server (copy of the live site) we have incomprehensible messages appearing in the gradebook for a number of our courses.
- Is it possible (e.g. some report) to see all the courses that are displaying the various different messages that might appear?
- Would it be possible for the developers writing these messages to learn to communicate in plain English?
- When writing a message about something that affects students grades, phrases like "And inconsistency" or "Some grades" is woefully imprecise and unhelpful.
- Most of the buttons recommend clicking some button where it is not at all clear what effect that will have. Should we not have a way to see what effect clicking the button would have (e.g. a complete list of what grades would be changed, from what old value to what new value) before any irreversible changes are made to any grades?
- Looking at these logged in as an admin user, I worry "How many users will see the message and have the capability to click a button that causes unspecified changes to grades?" What capability does control these buttons?
Has anyone else grappled with these issues? Any good tips?