server error

server error

by franklin sucre -
Number of replies: 5
Hi all,

I am a newbie. I was changing and switching installed themes. And the themes were switching properly but I dont know later what happened when working with themes(i have not deleted any files), I can do nothing, even i can not see my moodle, gives me server error as following.

Please help.

Thank You

Attachment Capture1.JPG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to franklin sucre

Re: server error

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Try deleting the cache and temp cache folders from your moodledata folder. 

In reply to Emma Richardson

by franklin sucre -

Hi Emma,

Actually, the problem is I can not even load moodle or see the login page. If I could see any pages of moodle, I could have done something. Please suggest.

Thank You

Franklin

In reply to franklin sucre

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

You say the themes were installed correctly and you could switch between them and the error occurred when you were 'working with themes' - although you don't say exactly what you were doing, so:

Roll back the changes you made to whichever theme you were working on at the time, clear all caches and start again from the default themes, or the fresh downloaded themes.

If you need to, actually delete the folder of the theme you were working on, or replace it with a fresh download of that theme

Test your changes as you go - and enable debugging mode (Site Admin > Development) so you can get reports from Moodle of what might be the problem.

In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

You can actually enable debugging from your config.php file in your moodle install folder.  I am presuming that you have access to the server.  See here:https://docs.moodle.org/30/en/Debugging

You might also try entering a url to a specific page and see if that loads.  I would suggest maybe deleting whatever themes you have added one by one - found in moodle/theme folder on your server.  Do not delete Clean or More as those are the built in ones.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)