Elegance theme on Moodle 3.0

Elegance theme on Moodle 3.0

by Andrew Lian -
Number of replies: 6
Hello

Maybe it is still too early but I decided to test out Moodle 3.0. I particularly wanted to run the great Elegance theme on it. It installed correctly but it seems to have a few little problems (I run Elegance on Moodle 2.7 without any problems).

I am wondering if the problem is with me, the theme or moodle.

So... (a) I cannot get the quick links to show (b) in the slider if I have no text in the slide text or slide title, the number 0 appears on the slide (I get two 0 one on top of the other). The same is true if I just have a background with no picture and (c) I can no longer use html in the slide text or slide title.

Any help appreciated
Andrew

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andrew Lian

Re: Elegance theme on Moodle 3.0

by Usman Asar -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Andrew, it seems you've been out of touch for Elegance's development for sometime as Elegance is resurrected once again with code and interface changes (still remaining as cool as it was before, in fact better) supporting Moodle 2.9 and 3.0 as well, and as it was being re-developed quite many people (using Elegance already) have tested it on Moodle 3.0 as well without any major issues reported.

Therefore you should checkout Elegance's download page for updated version.

In reply to Usman Asar

by Andrew Lian -

Thank you very much Usman. Actually, I have never been "in touch" with Elegance development. Thank you I will check as you say.

However, I did download the latest version for moodle 3.0 and my 2.7 version works exactly as described (it is also a fairly recent install). So still not sure what the matter is (as described above).

In reply to Andrew Lian

by Usman Asar -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Andrew, that seems a weird problem as Elegance is thoroughly tested now, have you upgraded your bootstrap version as well?
In reply to Usman Asar

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I have just replicated the slide show issue.  Not really so much of an issue - each zero marks the line where text would go (one for title, one for description).  When you put text in, the 0 goes away.  If you are going to have a slide with no picture and no text, why are you having a slide at all? However, seeing as you are also wanting html capability in the slide text box, I guess that is why!!  I will mark it as a feature request for Bas - I don't really see it necessarily as a bug...

Quicklinks appear to be working just fine - are you maybe not entering anything in the boxes when you set them up?  You need to fill everything in....

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Andrew Lian -

Thank you very much Emma. The big and  little zero appear when there is a picture too. It may not always be necessary to actually have a text written on each picture. I may have a picture with no text.

As for the html capability, it already exists on the version I have on 2.7. So it is not really a request. I was just wondering where it had gone. If it is no longer supported then that is ok as long as I know.

Thanks for the advice about quicklinks. I will check.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

On further looking, Elegance does insert a zero if you do not add a title or description, regardless of whether you have an image or not.  I have added that as a bug report on github.

For a workaround, just add a space in the box and the zero will go away...