Consumer Key is Missing - Sending Grades from External LTI system to Moodle 2.9

Consumer Key is Missing - Sending Grades from External LTI system to Moodle 2.9

by Shabbir Tavawala -
Number of replies: 6

Hi Everyone,

I have installed moodle 2.9 and have integrated IMS-BLTI.

I am able to perform single sign on.

However whenever I try to send grades from my external system to moodle, I get the message:

"Consumer Key is Missing. You are not logged in".

The authorization headers are correctly set. I have not made any changes in the library code.

Please can anyone help me with this.

Thank You,

Shabbir

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Shabbir Tavawala

Re: Consumer Key is Missing - Sending Grades from External LTI system to Moodle 2.9

by Robin Woll -

I have the same Problem. My LTI-Provider works fine with older Versions, but in Moodle 2015111602.02 I get the same error. 
Any Suggestions? 

Thanks a lot!

In reply to Robin Woll

Re: Consumer Key is Missing - Sending Grades from External LTI system to Moodle 2.9

by Stephen Vickers -

To test which end is at fault here, I would suggest you set up http://lti.tools/test/tp.php as an LTI tool in Moodle with the grades option enabled.  Then after a launch use the Outcomes option to read or update a grade and see whether this works or not.  If it does not work, then my best guess is that the Moodle server is not configured to allow the PHP system to access the Authorization header in the messages being sent.  On some Apache servers, for example, you need to add commands to a .htaccess file to enable this - just search for information about this to find out more, but there are the ones I use on my Linux server:

RewriteCond %{HTTP:Authorization} ^(.+)
RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]
HTH.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Stephen Vickers

by Robin Woll -

Thank you Stephen for your answer! With the IMS LTI Tool Consumer emulator I could confirm that the issue is on Moodle's end, because the exact same error occurs. 

I'll tell my customer now to try to add those commands to it's .htaccess. Hope this will work smile

by Christian Schett -

Thanks for this tip, Stephen,

have this problem too and hope this will help to get Moodle working with the external tool.

Regards, Christian

by Christian Schett -

Uploaded the .htaccess file and the result is a "504 Gateway Time-out" message sad
Deleted the file but can't reach the website anymore.