When I first started using Moodle I tried to do my course content in SCORM packages. I gave it up very quickly though because the type of material I was presenting to my students changed on a fairly regular basis. Since I was having to spend a significant amount of my time making changes, I soon learned that using the built in capabilities of Moodle were much easier to keep updated than it was to "redo" my SCORM packages. Plus, just correcting something simple, such as a misspelled word or grammar error, is so much easier to correct in any of the Moodle activities than it was to make the same correction in a SCORM.
For example, I had hundreds of multiple page, step-by-step written tutorials, at first in wiki's, then later all converted to book activities, due to book automatically creating a table of contents. If we discovered I had made a simple typing mistake, all I had to do was turn on edit mode, click the edit tool for the right book chapter, make the change, click save, then tell the students to reload their page. The process if it was a SCORM was much more involved. Open my SCORM editor, find and open the the correct SCORM content file, make the typing corrections, save the changes, export a new version of the SCORM, edit the SCORM activity in Moodle, upload the modified SCORM file, save it, check to make sure the change was now visible, then have students reload/restart their page of the SCORM. If I really hurried I could fix a typing error in Moodle in a few seconds. To make the exact same correction in a SCORM always took several minutes.
Then, if you want to do questions/quizzes, you had to go to the extra trouble of making sure that all the needed info was being passed from the SCORM into the Moodle gradebook correctly. It all came down to using the built in activities, blocks, etc. built into Moodle was simpler and saved me time.