I have come across an interesting problem with exporting calendar items, a desire from one of my students. The problem is that the exported dates for most of the items is one day ahead, almost. Quiz activities that have an end date of 11:55PM show up on the next day, at 12am. Quiz activities that have a start and end date export/import fine. My system, and my user's timezones are set to America/Chicago.
As I explored this problem I did come across some information about "UTC." I wonder if Moodle's calendar export tries to convert all activities to UTC, but this puzzles me as to why quiz activities with only an end date are converted (Ch08 Problems and not Exam2).
Well, I thought that I would make this post instead of reporting this as a bug in Tracker, just to see if others are having problems. I am attaching a graphic, and an icalexport.ics file for others to try. In this file, all homework is supposed to be due Tuesday/Thursday evenings, except for Exam2 which is due on Friday. My student is trying to import this into Outlook. I have tried myself and have the exact same problem. Also, when I look at the contents of the exported file, it appears that within this file, dates are incorrect (as best as I can tell.) So the problem seems to be with Moodle's export, and has nothing to do with Outlook's import.