Disable Cohort Sync

Disable Cohort Sync

by Sam Stevens -
Number of replies: 1
Think I will end up opening a tracker for this but can someone tell me if I am missing something.

We have a cohort that syncs to Course A. As some point I want to stop it syncing to Course A and sync to Course B instead. So users added in the cohort will only go into B going forward but anyone who was already in the cohort and had done A could now do B.

So I assumed I could just click the eye on the enrolment sync in Course A to disable it and stop it syncing. Can't delete the method as that removes all the users and all the data.

However this doesn't stop the sync. Even though it is disabled new users added to the cohort still go into Course A.

Also tried going in and changing Active to No but that is just the same as clicking the eye.

Am I missing something or is there some other way to stop cohort sync enrolments but keep the data for the students?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sam Stevens

Re: Disable Cohort Sync

by Sam Stevens -

A work around I have just found that helps is setting the role on the cohort enrolment instance for the old course to "None". This does mean that the users still get enrolled but since they don't have any role they can't do anything and they don't get the course in their list of courses.