IMS export-import

IMS export-import

by Marjan Milošević -
Number of replies: 1

I did not find IMS subforum, so I post here.

I got an e-book resource on one Moodle site and I can export it to IMS. Then I want to import it in another site. But, the format I exported (and downloaded)  is folder with manifest and stuff. And when I want to add an IMS and upload a proper file (on another site), what format am I supposed to give it?

I got folder and I need a file. I tried to zip it, but it wont take it.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marjan Milošević

Re: IMS export-import

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

the imsmanifest.xml needs to be immediately inside the zip directory, NOT inside a directory inside of that. So if the zipped package is package.zip, the unzipped package directory should contain immediately inside of it the imsmanifest.xml. This is a common mistake and normally occurs when you select the root folder to compress. This places the content folder inside of another folder, The imsmanifest.xml is there, but it is 2 directories deep. To avoid this problem when zipping, go INSIDE of the exported folder, select all files inside, and compress them while all are selected. The resultant compressed directory has the imsmanifest.xml file in the first directory.

(copied partially from the SCORM FAQ) - but this also applies to loading IMSResource packages which are structured similarly