Using Moodle as an Employee Development tool

Re: Using Moodle as an Employee Development tool

by Colin Fraser -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

My first Moodle was used specifically for this purpose, not as sophisticated as your need, but it has had a lot of trained people go through the courses now available. It took a couple of years to get it where it was really needed as far as developing the materials required, but I suspect it is still developing as to exactly what is needed, as needs change. The real beauty of using Moodle is in that a not-for-profit that must comply with ever changing government regulation, changes can be made quickly and efficiently. The number of courses that use the Journal and blogs are increasing all the time, the Feedback module is being used increasingly, so I noticed when I last looked. (I'm a 'volunteer' admin, i.e. I talked them into using Moodle originally, so was landed with looking after it. Now they have other people running it, so I pop in every now and again to have a look and ask how its all going.)  It still fulfills its secondary function as an information kiosk for their clientele, as well. More importantly, they still smile at me when I go in...smile and I am not getting panicky phone calls about it not working, so it must be doing the job.