Having Problems Installing Windows Moodle (2.9.3) distribution package

Having Problems Installing Windows Moodle (2.9.3) distribution package

by Bilkisu Muhammad-Bello -
Number of replies: 2

I am a newbie and I have been trying to install the above subject distribution package on a Windows 7 machine. The installation process was okay until I got to the stage where I had to set up the page where I was to set up the administrative account. Upon clicking the "Update Profile" button, the screen went blank and then I kept getting an error message that says "This webpage has a redirect loop". At this point the whole process came to a halt and I have no idea what I can do to remedy the situation. Any suggestions please?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bilkisu Muhammad-Bello

Re: Having Problems Installing Windows Moodle (2.9.3) distribution package

by Usman Asar -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Bilkisu, that sometimes happens in windows installer package as sometimes cache gets corrupted. nothing to worry about.

go into your "moodledata" folder, and you'll find two folders "cache" and "localcache"
delete them both, and refresh your page. you'll be good to go. Dont worry about deleting the folders as they will re-appear once you reload the page.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Usman Asar

Re: Having Problems Installing Windows Moodle (2.9.3) distribution package

by Bilkisu Muhammad-Bello -

Thank you so much Usman. Your suggestion was very helpful to me and it worked. Now, moodle is up and running on my system.