Moodle.org running 3.0rc2

Moodle.org running 3.0rc2

by Helen Foster -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Just to let you all know, moodle.org has recently been upgraded and is now running 3.0rc2. smile

If you notice any problems, please let us know either by posting here or by creating a Moodle Community Sites issue in the Moodle Tracker.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Moodle.org running 3.0rc2

by Robert Brenstein -
Ah, that explains perhaps why suddenly text-based emails from Moodle forums are full of html entities, like

"Can't Read Database"
In reply to Robert Brenstein

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Sorry to hear about the problem with text-based emails, though thanks for letting us know. I have set the email format in my messaging preferences to plain text to hopefully experience the problem myself. wink

I notice that Matteo has commented about the problem in MDL-29738. Please feel free to create a new issue if you think it necessary.
In reply to Robert Brenstein

by Andrew Lyons -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Thanks all,

This is because of the shift to template-ised emails in 3.0.

I've pushed a fix in MDL-52126 but I haven't got any time tonight to finish the issue with testing instructions, etc.

This is nothing to do with the (deliberately) empty head section of the e-mails.

There may be a further issue with the HTML template - I'll take a look at this tomorrow if no-one else has looked into it by then.

Andrew

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Andrew Lyons

Re: Moodle.org running 3.0

by Helen Foster -
Thanks Andrew for your work on MDL-52126. Moodle.org is now using 3.0, which includes the fix for MDL-52126, and I am happy to report that my plain text email notifications no longer contain html entities. smile