Custom Mobile App login Issue

Custom Mobile App login Issue

by Narasimha Daruru -
Number of replies: 17

Hi

When i am try to connect to my site from mobile app from Kitkat version mobile it is working fine but with the same apk file when i am trying to connect in the Lollipop version it is not working.Can any one please help me out on this

From 

Narasimha

Eabyas

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Narasimha Daruru

Re: Custom Mobile App login Issue

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Narasimha,

this problem happens with a custom app, right? Does it also fail if you try it with the official Moodle Mobile app?

Kind regards,

Dani

In reply to Dani Palou

by Narasimha Daruru -

Hi Daniel

No Offical mobile app if i download apk and install it is working fine but if download code from github and generate an apk file without changing any thing in it,it  won't work same login issue raises again

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

how are you generating the .apk? Via Phonegap Build? Ionic CLI? Compiling with the Android SDK?

Cheers, Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Narasimha Daruru -

Using CORDOVA CLI

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Narasimha,

I'd recommend you to use Phonegap build, is free and we have some libraries referenced then patched.

For ionic cli, you should review that all the Cordova plugins are correctly installed and configured, maybe you should upgrade your Android sdk too

Regards, Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Sourabh Maheshwari -

Hi Juan,

I tried to change the initial screen with a fixed url but on gulp it says error: login\main.js
error: could not process due to parse error.

Could you please guide if I am making any mistake.

Thanks

In reply to Sourabh Maheshwari

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Sourabh,

that error is usually shown when there's an error in the code you wrote. Can you please verify that your code is ok? Check parenthesis and so.

Kind regards,

Dani

In reply to Dani Palou

by Sourabh Maheshwari -

Thanks Dani.

I could generate the test apk of my custom url which is in debug state through phonegap. However, when I am testing on my device it shows "unfortunately Saamarthya Mobile has stopped". Saamarthya Mobile is the name of our app.

Here is the github url for the reference: https://github.com/Saamarthya/Phonegap-build.git

Would be great if you can have a look.

Thanks

by Sourabh Maheshwari -

Hi Dani and Juan,

I serached this error "Unfortunately [app name] stopped working" in debug mode and it suggested that due to some changes like moving from ant to gradle and sdk version, phonegap apps might be having this problem. Here is the link to that discussion : http://phonegap.com/blog/2015/09/28/android-using-gradle/  

Could you please suggest if this is not the case with MM2.

Thanks

by Sourabh Maheshwari -

Hi,

I could manage to run the debug app on my device. It was the resources folder which I did not copy to phonegap build account on github. However, the all while testing showed two errors. Please check the attached printscreens.

Thanks

Attachment Error on chat plugin and grade chwcking.png
Attachment My course page error.png

by Dani Palou -

Hi,

the first error seems to be a problem in your Moodle, that error is returned by your Moodle version. Are you using Moodle Mobile Additional Features? If you are, which version are you using? Have you modified any WS code in your Moodle?

About addons being shown twice, it's a known issue and it'll be fixed in the next release. Thanks for reporting it anyway smile

Cheers,

Dani

by kenzie scott -

Some custom Mobile apps have issues like this. You can use Eclipse software to build .apk file. It might work. Thanks!!

In reply to kenzie scott

by Narasimha Daruru -

Hi All,

My app was not able to load the flexpaper content.I am having flexpapers in the course content but they are unable to load 

by Juan Leyva -

What's flexpaper?

Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Narasimha Daruru -

PDF and PPT files converted to html format and they can't be downloaded.(http://flexpaper.devaldi.com)

by Juan Leyva -

Hi,

How did you upload this files in Moodle? As a resource mini-site? in a resource type directory?

What do you mean with they can't be downloaded? you see any error? you don't see the option for download the files?

Please, we need detailed information to see if this is a bug or an unsupported feature, it will be good if you can attach a sample content too.

Juan