Hide Grade Reports - End of Lesson

Re: Hide Grade Reports - End of Lesson

by Chris Collman -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Documentation writers

Interesting problem Ron and Anouk,

I try to deal with these kinds of issues via the Moodle interface rather than bother the developers with some unique code tweak for a few sites.

I assume making the changes across the entire site is acceptable.  There are over 500 strings in the../mod/lesson/lang/en file.   You can modify these under site administration via lesson.php.   I do not recommend going into ../mod/lesson/lang/en/lesson.php file and editing it.  Let moodle make a second file as part of your moodledata files with just the strings you changed.

You might want to change the
congratulations' string = 'Congratulations - end of lesson reached';
displayscorewithoutessays string = 'Your score is {$a->score} (out of {$a->grade}).';
yourcurrentgradeisoutof string = 'Your current grade is {$a->grade} out of {$a->total}';

There are also strings to display when there are essay questions.  You might find some other interesting strings  you might change in that file. 

I would either put in new text or something like a "-" in my edits.

A more tedious interface approach is via HTML/css code.  I think I agree with Ron about the classes. At first glance, I do not see unique classes that scream "Lesson" at me.  They seem like they are generic to all of Moodle and are inserted via something like a view.php script.   Perhaps my HTML/css skills, like my PHP code skills are very limited.smile

Enjoy!
Chris

In reply to Chris Collman

by Marion Manton -

Hi did this work? I have the exact same requirement, the score is irrelevant to my students and so i don't want them to see it.  but not really in a position to edit code in moodle?

Any suggestions welcome.

In reply to Marion Manton

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers

Hi Marion,

There is not a setting which will hide the end of lesson page.

I realize now that my answer was cryptic and gave the appearance requiring knowledge of php or HTML code. I think my work around does not require leaving the Moodle interface. 

However: 1) you need to be able to get to site administration>Language>Language customization to edit the language you use in your course, 2) understand that any changes you make there will impact any lesson in any course that uses the language you will be editing.   The instructions about lesson.php refer to the name you will be looking for when you customize the language strings I pointed out.

The 3.0 MoodleDoc page on editing the languages is here. 

If there are other courses that use your same language and want to show the lesson scores, then that requires another work around.  I created a "new" language on one Moodle site.  It basically was a duplicate of en_us and I called it something like en_train.  I edited that language and forced the language in the course.  The rest of the courses used the default en_us.  Not saying it is easy but it is possible.  

Chris

Site administration /  Language /  Language customisation Site administration /  Language /  Language customisation