QA Forum type

QA Forum type

by MoodleKittyCat . -
Number of replies: 8

Hi,

I set up Q&A forum in one of the subjects but students can still see other participants posts before posting their own post.

This shouldnt happen as students should only be able to see other's posts after they make their own post.

Group mode is enabled.

Help! Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to MoodleKittyCat .

Re: QA Forum type

by Rob Johnson -

What version of Moodle is this?

In reply to Rob Johnson

by MoodleKittyCat . -

Moodle 2.7. Any idea what may be the issue? How to fix it? This wasn't happening in the past 2 to 3 weeks but only now. Its urgent. Pls help. Thanks

by Rob Johnson -

In a default setup, students can only reply to a question posted by a teacher.  Then the editing period must elapse before they can see other students' replies.  Here are some questions for you.

• What is the editing time period set to?
  • Have permissions been changed so students can post questions, or see all replies regardless of editing time?
In reply to Rob Johnson

by MoodleKittyCat . -

Editing time = 30 min

Permissions have not been changed.

So this means students can still only see others reply if they attempt to post, right? But this is not the case, students can see all replies posted to the teacher before they post anything themselves. Is this a bug? 

Thanks

by Rob Johnson -

I have not the 2.7 branch.   if it is a bug, it may be with the particular vesrion you are using.  It has worked as expected for me since 1.9 through 2.8.

In reply to Rob Johnson

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Just to rule it out, can you go back into the Forum settings and double check it is a Q and A forum and not a standard forum? I don' t know of any bugs reported with the 2.7 Q and A forum - although that doesn't mean there isn't a bug; we  just need to eliminate every alternative. Does the course have guest access enabled?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by MoodleKittyCat . -

Thanks. I found out it was not a bug but the permissions issue. All good now.

smile

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Coming back to this thread to help Google if anyone finds this in the future: there is a capability Capabilities/mod/forum:viewqandawithoutposting which, if set to Allow for the students, will mean they always see the posts even when you are not expecting them to. Worth checking.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)