* Issue after placement of files in web directory

* Issue after placement of files in web directory

by Chris Denney -
Number of replies: 4

I already run a PHP app on this server and have no issues, but after I put the moodle files where they are supposed to be, when I go the install.php url it states that the page can not be displayed, but I have verified that the file is in the appropriate directory and it doesn't work.

I'm running php version 5.x.x and am curios if simply adding/editing the entries as dictated in the install area of the manual will fix the issue or what.

Any help would be beneficial.

-Chris

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Denney

Re: * Issue after placement of files in web directory

by Chris Denney -

Here is an update:

I'm running a win2k server and have placed the files where they need to be, however I can't get to the install.php file via a browser.  Here is what I get:

The page cannot be found

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Please try the following:

• If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.
  • Open the sp-exchg-server.spfpd.com home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.

HTTP 404 - File not found
Internet Information Services

Technical Information (for support personnel)

I've checked the php.ini file to make sure that the appropriate entries are correct as dictated in the documentation, but it still doesn't work.

When I go to my servername/moodle, I get the login screen, and it tries to redirect me to the install.php file after logging in, but that is when I get the above 404 error.

I also run another php site on the same server with NO issues.

Any ideas?

-Chris

In reply to Chris Denney

by Just H -
Hi Chris

Wild guess here but are the permissions correct on install.php?

H
In reply to Just H

by Chris Denney -

Funny you should say that.

I just finished checking all the permissions and seems that we are good to go.

I can now view the install.php via an explorer url.

Thanks,

-Chris

In reply to Chris Denney

by Just H -
Good to hear . . . have fun!