Moodle research

See what Moodle plugins people use

This discussion has been locked because a year has elapsed since the last post. Please start a new discussion topic.
My mug
See what Moodle plugins people use
Group Core developersGroup Moodle Course Creator Certificate holdersGroup Plugin developersGroup Testers

Hi, all.

An international survey of plugins used in Moodle has now been completed. The survey is part of research to help discover what plugins Moodle users use, in order to focus development efforts and to determine how Moodle is used in different educational sectors.

A report has been created and you can see it at...

http://research.moodle.net/71/1/Plugins%20Usage%20Survey%202015%20Report.pdf

Average of ratings: Useful (7)
Just wondering . . .
Re: See what Moodle plugins people use
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers

Well done Michael!! cool

This is essential reading.  Will peruse in detail on the bus home tonight.

-Derek

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Mike Churchward
Group Core developersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Plugin developersGroup Plugins guardiansGroup Testers

Thanks Michael.

This is indeed interesting. I'm also going to see if I can get actual usage results from our user base to correlate it to these results.

mike

Picture of Mike Churchward
Group Core developersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Plugin developersGroup Plugins guardiansGroup Testers

Remote-Learner gave me the okay to post their plugin usage statistics using percentages. I have attached the results here.

The first page (the chart) shows the percentage of sites in the sample using third party (non-core) plugins in each plugin category, as well as the percentage of unique plugins within each category being used. The site percentages are based on polling a sample of Moodle sites - somewhere between 800 and 1000. The percentage of unique plugins in each plugin category is based on the total of all unique plugins in all categories - over 1000.

The remaining pages show the most popular plugins within each category, by percentage of total sites polled. The percentage in use refers to plugins that have been installed on the site, and are actually being used in courses (where this is meaningful), while the percentage enabled refers to plugins that are installed and enabled.

It is interesting to see the similarities in data.

mike

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
Tim at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
Group Core developersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Plugin developers

Thanks for sharing that Mike.

Picture of Steven Swanepoel

Thanks Michael, good for me as a Moodle admin in the Workplace category to see the differences in the usage of the other sectors