Structure for courses - can a module belong to more than one course?

Re: Easy fake courses for redirect - or did I miss something here?

by Timothy Takemoto -
Number of replies: 0
Well done Chris!

Now that you mention it, like all the best ideas, it seems obvious afterwards. Either you are a genuis or I am a bit slow or a bit of bothsmile ( That is to say...I am a bit slow and you are a bit of a genuis, NOT that you are a bit slow)

I spent the best part of a day perfecting a redirect course and the (my) course_list block hack when I could have just included a link in the course title!

All the same, now I have set up my moodle with redirect courses, I don't think that I will edit their titles because....

The redirect course + (my) courses block hack option has the *minor* advantage of showing the student enroled in the redirect (doorway) course, rather than in the mother course.

The three mother courses are called "Monday English Speaking", "Wednesday English Speaking" and "Friday English Speaking." But the redirect courses are called "4th Period Monday, Mr. Smith's English Speaking." This will hopefully give students the feeling that they are enrolled in the right course.

All the same, had I though of this idea earlier, or read your post in time, I think I would have done it the way that you suggest.

There, everyone, use Chris's tweak, not my hack!

Thanks again,

Tim