Secure Mode 2.8 & IE 10 & 11...GRRR

Secure Mode 2.8 & IE 10 & 11...GRRR

от Melanie Scott -
Number of replies: 0
Снимка на Particularly helpful Moodlers

I've noticed that when using IE (both 10 and 11), there are several things that I think should happen that don't...when a SCORM opens in a new window, the original window should redirect to a page that says, "This SCORM package has been launched in a popup window, If you have finished viewing this resource, click here to return to the course page" but it doesn't...when you open a quiz in secure mode, the Finish review button/link in IE simply doesn't work...etc.  In fact, closing the quiz review is nearly impossible.  This is very inconvenient.

I would say, just don't use IE...but that isn't an option for most of our staff.  Our IT does not support any browser but IE.  In 2012, Tim told someone to not use secure mode when they had a problem with it (I'd be interested in knowing why...why is there an option that we shouldn't use)...These are not the answers I'm looking for. 

We can generally work around the SCORM issue but the Quiz Secure Window thing is confounding.  We have issues with cheating and we use secure mode to reduce that.  But then we have problems.  Is there some trick to making this work?  And then there is the weird SCORM behavior (I know, not quiz related...just issue related). 

Is there a way to add relative links to activity descriptions the user can click to get back to the course main (other than breadcrumbs, even after more than 5 years, many of our staff just can't get their brains around breadcrumbs.  Go figure.)?