Grade Display in multiple formats

Grade Display in multiple formats

by Peter Gordon -
Number of replies: 2

The certificate format allows me to display the person's grade in a single format. I need to display both the percentage grade they scored and the Letter-grade they achieved. What do I need to do to display this data on the cert?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peter Gordon

Re: Grade Display in multiple formats

by Peter Gordon -

To clarify, I am attempting to generate a certificate for each quiz in a course. As it presently stands, it looks like i have to change the certificate program itself rather than just how it displays grades in order to make this change. 

In reply to Peter Gordon

Re: Grade Display in multiple formats

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers

Hi Peter,

I looked at the locallib.php and a type/certificate.php file in a 2.9 certificate version.   I agree that you probably will have to change the Certificate settings to allow another option for displaying a "mixed" grade/percentage in any certificate type the teacher selects.   I would be nice if there was a different string to insertsmile

I am not a php person.  The certificate_get_grade function in locallib.php  is  what controls the grade display in all certificate types.  A developer would probably suggest creating a new  grade type for the teacher to select. 

Since I don't know much, I would probably  create a new function by copying certificate_get_grade.  I would spend countless hours playing with that to get one or more strings I could insert into a custom certificate, without additional input from the teacher. 

Sure this was not much help. 
Chris